Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The One Where I Cried Again

Well I cried a couple of times this week:  1) When the Dr. was concerned about Lorelei's health and 2) when I received a poem along with a baby shower present in the mail from the lady who watched me when I was little, Meemaw Beck.

1) I had another prenatal appointment this week.  First of all, I only have one more before I start going every 2 weeks.  If this does not make it feel like this pregnancy is flying by, nothing will.  However, I was supposed to go yesterday, Friday, to the Dr.  However, at the beginning of the week I started having weird pregnancy symptoms that I had not experienced before.  I called and told the Dr. (since they told me to call if anything ever changed all of the sudden--which it did).  Since, I did not have some other concerning symptoms, they told me I could wait until Friday and we would check me out then.  "Ok, sounds good.  I just didn't know what was going on."  This was my answer to them.

Two days later, the symptoms worsened and I called again.  They were a little concerned that I might be losing amniotic fluid!?! What?! Now, you have freaked me out Dr.  I proceeded to call/text all of my previously pregnant friends.  Some of them thought it was normal but others told me that I should go get it checked out.  This was Thursday afternoon.  Dr. Chamberlain's office called me back and wanted to see me that afternoon.  This scared me since they didn't just say we'll see you in the morning.  However, I would rather be safe than sorry with my precious baby!

So, off Jonathan and I went to the Dr. 

Side note, Jonathan has come to every appointment! He is such a great daddy-to-be!  We are both very fortunate that our jobs are flexible.  All I had to say to my boss at work was that I had a concern with the pregnancy and my boss asked me why I wasn't already at the doctor.  God has truly blessed us with great work environments!

Anyways, we arrived at Dr. Chamberlain's office.  They got us back immediately and proceeded to weigh me, take a urine sample, and check my blood pressure.  First off, I had gained 10 pounds in the past month.  I was surprised because I didn't think I had been eating anymore.  Oh well, I'll watch what I eat a little more closely.  My blood pressure was 132/80 (due to stress I'm sure).  Urine was clean of protein.

Then, Dr. Chamberlain came in with the doppler.  Lorelei kicked it every time she put it on my stomach! It was so cute! Dr. Chamberlain said, "you have a REALLY active baby."  I confirmed what I already knew.  She then managed to guesstimate that her heartrate was around 150 because she wouldn't stay still long enough!  She also kicked so hard that you could see her.  Dr. Chamberlain and others have commented on her strength at her gestational age.  She is just going to be a soccer player like her daddy!

Dr. Chamberlain then proceeded to do three tests to check my amniotic fluid levels.  They all came back clean! I was not losing amniotic fluid, but just to make sure, she performed another ultrasound.  Lorelei looked great and Jonathan and I were so relieved to be able to see her again and surprised at how much she had grown in four weeks.

Dr. Chamberlain is awesome, along with her staff. She made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions and listened to our concerns.  She also gave me the orange stuff to drink for the glucose test in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not really excited about this.  I've heard horror storires.

On the way out, I asked Jonathan where my appointment confirmation for the glucose screening was and he handed me a little quarter size square.  My poor, cute husband who had seemed composed for my sake at the appointment had been so nervous that he folded a regular size piece of paper over and over until it was that small.  Aww....

Anyways, everything was fine and I was cleared with no restrictions and my cervix was completely closed.

Here is a picture of me the next day at 23 weeks 5 days:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! They are going to start seeing you every 2 weeks already?

    Glad everything is ok.

    Abby

    ReplyDelete