Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The One to Catch Up

I am 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant! Maybe a little further along but they didn't want to officially change my due date.  So we will stick with the original just so I don't get sad if the "new" due date passes.

This week Lorelei is the size of a Papaya!



She is more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound.  Remember she almost weighed a pound a month ago!  Her blood vessels are developing in her lungs and she prepares for breathing.  Her cochlea--the inner ear mechanizm that houses all the components of hearing--is fully formed.  She can hear but it is muffled by the placenta and amniotic fluid.  Lorelei is finally more proportioned from head size to the rest of the body!  We shall see because of her large noggin!

As for me:

Some women may begin feeling Braxton Hicks contractions.  I have yet to feel these.  However, I did not feel Lorelei move for around 4 hours the other morning when Jonathan's brother, Jeff, and Jeff's girlfriend, Ellen, came to visit.  I drank cold water, ate, laid down on my left side, and cried.  She was not moving.  Even poking my stomach was not helping.  I finally drank some oranje juice and felt her move a little! Talk about relief! That has been the scariest moment so far of this pregnancy! Prayer and Jonathan got me through! Thank God for a wonderful loving husband and the peace that comes with knowing God is watching over the growth and development of our child!

Better news:  Jeff and Ellen came to visit!

With most of our family in Alabama, we rarely get to see them!
It was fun to have them visit for the 4th of July.  We went to the beach and spent time around Gainesville hanging out.  On Monday, the actual 4th, we went to Jacksonville to look at Babies R Us and then hung out with some friends for dinner!  I do not have any pictures to upload..geez..I'm bad!

This past weekend we had our first baby shower!  We got so much stuff from bouncers, swings, bedding, clothes, bathtub, etc.  It was amazing! See previous post for some pictures--note that the table of presents doesn't even include all of the presents that I opened!  Wow!! We are loved and are so happy to share Lorelei with all of these amazing people!

I have started back to trying to work-out.  We shall see how this goes...

Until next time!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment