Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The One with the Third Trimester/Glucose Screening

I am officially in my third trimester! Lorelei will make her appearance in 3 months or less! We are getting so excited and maybe a little nervous at the same time.  Prenatal classes start this month along with my provisional Junior League year! Whew! These next three months are going to FLY BY!

Lorelei updates:

Lorelei now weighs around 2 1/2 pounds.  Well, she might weigh more.  She does feel hefty on my back.  I have been having some pretty painful back aches.  Don't worry not my lower back (preterm labor sign) but in the middle of my back due to posture.  My stomach is just making my pasture horrible.

She is around 15 1/2 inches long and putting on baby fat as we speak to make that wrinkly skin more plump! Yay!  She should be practicing breathing still which can cause hiccups.   I am not sure what these will feel like but I do not think I have felt them.  I have felt her kicking harder and more frequently this week.  Jonathan has felt her more over the past few days I think than he has the whole time.

I also saw her do a miniture roll across my stomach today! It was too cute! I laughed out loud--making my co-workers give me weird stares.  I'm sure they just chalked it up to the crazy pregnant lady.

As I'm sure you are all still wondering, yes, I am still sick without my medicine and a little nauseated at times with it.  However, her frequent movements make me feel better!  All you moms-to-be out there--word of adive:  there will come a day when your baby is not moving at all, it will scare you, it did me.  Lorelei didn't move all day long one day when we were on vacation last week.  It scared Jonathan and I--due to how you are supposed to be counting kicks at this point in the pregnancy (10 in two hours).  Then, God blessed me with such an active baby this week! Makes me smile!

Jonathan appeared on behalf of one of his clients this week on television! I was such a proud wife! He is so well spoken, smart,  and cute!



Here is a belly shot upon entering the third trimester:

Please excuse the not-so-cute look! I was extremely tired! You moms understand!


Enjoy! Also, I am aware I look more pregnant than 27 1/2 weeks here, but oh well! She is a big baby! :-)

2 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with Josiah he had hiccups ALL the time, then Elijah never had any and I wondered what was wrong with him. I was thankful, though, b/c Josiah kept me up at night with them.

    Stop counting kicks! It will make you crazy!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiccups- yes, you will know them if they come, like someone thumping you in the most strange places over and over again!! You made a funny type-o I think and said 'pasture' instead of "posture" which just reminds me of how my husband lovingly "moos" at me when it's feeding time. Nice, huh?! (I actually think it's funny, you do end up feeling like a cow at times, for various reasons!)

    ReplyDelete